Overlearning refers to training a skill even after the performance has plateaued. For example, musicians continue practicing even after they have mastered a piece. Is this habit beneficial for learning at the workplace, or is it just a waste of time? Groundbreaking research, published in March 2017 in the prestigious Nature Neuroscience journal, has provided useful insights. In this study,…
In this 2nd issue of Leading Lights we’ve yet again scoured the internet to bring you the latest and...
As L&D practitioners, there is probably a reasonable assumption that we understand what it means to design learning solutions...
In his continuing series business networking strategist & Fellow of The Learning & Performance Institute Andy Lopata shares his tips for...
Someone asked me recently why don’t “people” just take responsibility? Why don’t more people not only feel empowered by...
Recently I’ve been working with a client on the first stages of a visual hierarchy for Open Badges. This...
In his continuing series business networking strategist & Fellow of The Learning & Performance Institute Andy Lopata shares his...
Homer Simpson: “Is it done yet? Is it done yet?” / Marge Simpson: “Your meatloaf will be ready in...
Simulation Gaming Simulation is the representation of real world problems which can be used to rehearse skill deployment in...
- For the Professional Training Associate
- International Think Tank
- Learning Live
- Learning Technologies
- Live Online Learning Facilitators & Designers
- LPI in Australia / New Zealand
- Mobile Learning
- Modernising elearning
- Public Sector Learning
- Social Network And Learning
- Top tips for engaging learners at work
- Top Tools for Learning
If you have missed any of the LPI Webinars, you can catch up using the Archive
- Helping our learners learn by reducing information overload April 25, 2017Behavioural Change Behavioural Skills Skills Helping our learners learn by reducing information overloadJamie Lawrence
- Coffee briefing: augmented reality, leveraging your board seat and the realities of point-of-need learning April 24, 2017Strategy L&D news round up - 24th AprilJamie Lawrence
- Is 'radical candour' really a new approach to management? April 20, 2017Talent Is 'radical candour' a new approach to management?Jamie Lawrence
- Is ethical leadership on the line? April 20, 2017Culture Is ethical leadership on the line?Jamie Lawrence
- "If you feel stuck in a rut and are not developing on a daily basis, it’s up to you to drive change." April 19, 2017Strategy A Day In the Life Of: Neil Griffiths, FuturestepJamie Lawrence
- Google Cloud Training gives organisations more options in their journey to the Cloud April 28, 2017QA, the UK’s leading provider of professional training has announced today that they have become one of the first UK partner organisations to deliver Google Cloud Platform training and certifications.
- Virtual College to showcase online staff training at FPS EXPO 2017 April 27, 2017‘Learning Technologies supplier of the year’ for the second year running, Virtual College, will be showcasing its online training resources and systems at FPS EXPO 2017.
- Learning Heroes appoints partner relationship manager April 26, 2017Learning Heroes appoints new partner relationship manager, Mike Pass.