Overlearning refers to training a skill even after the performance has plateaued. For example, musicians continue practicing even after they have mastered a piece. Is this habit beneficial for learning at the workplace, or is it just a waste of time? Groundbreaking research, published in March 2017 in the prestigious Nature Neuroscience journal, has provided useful insights. In this study,…
In my book Learning Technologies in the Workplace (out May, 2017), I explore the common factors behind successful learning...
Do we want people to make mistakes? The answer I generally get to this question is “Yes”, because people...
Relax! I have no interest in your recreational habits. Let me explain where the question comes from and all...
During 2016 I have been privileged to deliver dozens of soft skills workshops to hundreds of employees, both in...
How often might a manager fire off instructions for something urgent or exciting, leaving a trail of unanswered questions...
To me accelerated learning is somewhat of a misnomer, because it is not just about speed. As well as reading...
Performance Consulting Masterclass These masterclass’s give you a powerful set of skills and techniques that will transform you into...
In my previous article I addressed why it is important to know as much as possible about your learners...
100 Ways to Learn-Krystyna Gadd
- For the Professional Training Associate
- International Think Tank
- Learning Technologies
- Live Online Learning Facilitators & Designers
- LPI in Australia / New Zealand
- Mobile Learning
- Modernising elearning
- Podcasting In L&D
- Public Sector Learning
- Social Network And Learning
- Top tips for engaging learners at work
- Top Tools for Learning
If you have missed any of the LPI Webinars, you can catch up using the Archive
- DevLearn 2017
- 25/10/2017 - 27/10/2017
- Las Vegas
- Business Benefits of Creating The Corporate MOOC
- How To Make A Winning Presentation
- Learning Today: Why Nothing and Everything Has Changed
- Applying Brain Science in Online Learning Design
- Online Educa
- 06/12/2017 - 08/12/2017
Partner News Feeds
- Low completion rates of large open online courses force a rethink of effective executive training October 17, 2017
- Teacher training: What next? October 17, 2017
- Youth employment: A changing landscape October 17, 2017
- Top five major online marketing tools used in L&D October 16, 2017
- Five counterintuitive steps for a more productive workplace culture October 16, 2017
- The Training Room Partners with Tata Consultancy Services October 17, 2017
- New GDPR training resource from Marshall Elearning helps businesses get GDPR ready October 17, 2017
- Remit apprentice lands dream job working on supercars October 17, 2017
- Amit Gautam contributes to a mLearning Industry Paper by the eLearning Guild October 17, 2017
- Warwick Conferences awarded Learning & Performance Institute accreditation October 16, 2017
- The HR opportunity: fostering talent in an age of uncertainty October 13, 2017
- The boss blues – are you the cause of employee stress? October 9, 2017
- The value of feeling valued September 21, 2017
- What works in corporate coaching? September 21, 2017
- Information to transformation – moving from knowing to doing September 20, 2017