In my book Learning Technologies in the Workplace (out May, 2017), I explore the common factors behind successful learning technology implementations. My conclusion, after examining a 16 year span of implementations, is that great implementation teams, as well as following good project management practice, share four characteristics: a clear Aim, a People-focus, a wide Perspective, and a pragmatic Attitude, or…
The phrase ‘thought leadership’ has become so overused that leaders now need to transcend the “white noise” to have...
The number one driver for using technology in your learning strategy is to improve learning access and flexibility. That’s...
UK productivity – output per hour worked – was 18% below the average of G7 economies in 2014, the...
As a fellow of the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI) and a consumer of pretty much anything ‘learning’ I...
In my last post we talked about why leaders should be engaged in asynchronous learning. This post talks about...
Chair of The Learning & Performance Institute Donald H. Taylor recently closed his annual ‘What will be hot in L&D this...
How many of us have been faced with situations of developing content that we are less familiar with? The...
Please tell me I am not on my own! For me New Years’ Resolutions are made is a daze...
- For the Professional Training Associate
- International Think Tank
- Learning Live
- Learning Technologies
- Live Online Learning Facilitators & Designers
- LPI in Australia / New Zealand
- Mobile Learning
- Modernising elearning
- Public Sector Learning
- Social Network And Learning
- Top tips for engaging learners at work
- Top Tools for Learning
If you have missed any of the LPI Webinars, you can catch up using the Archive
- Can you really teach your people to be more creative? May 19, 2017Culture Can you teach your people to be more creative?Jamie Lawrence
- A day in the life of: "I desperately want them to do well, but know I can’t give them the answer." May 18, 2017Culture A day in the life of: Jane HodgsonJamie Lawrence
- Micro-learning and the maturity of marketers May 18, 2017Culture Micro-learning and the maturity of marketersJamie Lawrence
- “Bloody difficult” Brexit? How to handle your own tough conversations May 15, 2017Strategy Brexit lessons: handling tough conversationsJamie Lawrence
- "Creating a learning culture isn’t just a matter of buying an LMS, producing eLearning units and crossing your fingers." May 15, 2017Strategy Q&A with Juilette Denny from Growth EngineeringRachel_White
- NetDimensions Ranked as a Leader in 2017 Aragon Research Globe™ for Corporate Learning May 22, 2017NetDimensions has been ranked as a Leader for the third year in a row in the 2017 Aragon Research Globe™ for Corporate Learning.
- Acheson and Glover chooses Kallidus Off-the-shelf Content services for Health and Safety compliance May 22, 2017Acheson and Glover has chosen Kallidus Off-the-shelf Content services to bring Health and Safety training online.
- Global Bank to challenge over 600 graduates using banking simulation May 22, 2017Business Smart International, a leading business simulation company, will deliver an engaging and innovative live simulation events for a global banking client. In a prestigious London hotel, over 600 high calibre graduates will take control of a virtual bank and navigate it through a simulated 4 years of business in a challenging marketplace.