Technical skills will get you an interview, but effective soft skills will get you the promotion. Today’s technical employees need to be not just technically sound, but equipped to convey their ideas to their businesses in the simplest and most effective way – this is where ‘soft skills’ come in. Jennie Marshall, shares her thoughts on the importance of soft skills…
In a survey, conducted in conjunction with the Human Capital Institute, where 500 learning professionals were asked to rate...
Recently I decided to map out my Personal Learning Network. I had been thinking of doing this for a...
This week we hear the views of Glen Butler of Tesco who recently won the prestigious Learning Professional of...
The pace of change in the next 30 years is set to revolutionise the way we do business. The...
Companies that prioritise the happiness and well-being of their employees are generally considered more progressive, are viewed more favourably...
A cheap cocktail is worse than no cocktail. So it is with many blended learning courses. They try, but...
In this 5 min video LPI Fellow Gary Cookson comments on why some organisations find it hard to undertake...
Much of my work in the last twelve months or so has been focused on a broad definition of...
100 Ways to Learn-Krystyna Gadd
- For the Professional Training Associate
- International Think Tank
- Learning Technologies
- LearningLive 2018
- Live Online Learning Facilitators & Designers
- LPI in Australia / New Zealand
- Mobile Learning
- Modernising elearning
- Podcasting In L&D
- Public Sector Learning
- Social Network And Learning
- Top tips for engaging learners at work
- Top Tools for Learning
If you have missed any of the LPI Webinars, you can catch up using the Archive
- Shifting the Stigma of Learning from Mistakes
- Performance Consulting Masterclass
- 14/08/2018 - 15/08/2018
- LEARNING LIVE
- 05/09/2018 - 06/09/2018
- Innovative Learning Spaces Summit - Barcelona
- 20/09/2018 - 21/09/2018
- Deliver Better HR Technology Projects
- ATD European Summit (Amsterdam)
- 08/10/2018 - 12/10/2018
- CLO Leadership Summit
- 10/10/2018 - 12/10/2018
- New York
- DevLearn 2017
- 25/10/2018 - 27/10/2018
- Las Vegas
Partner News Feeds
- Rebellious leaders: Che Guevara July 18, 2018
- The fourth sneaky elephant July 17, 2018
- Stop managing your employees and start developing them July 17, 2018
- The TJ Podcast: July 2018 July 16, 2018
- When no-one wants to use the new technology (you spent a fortune to provide) July 16, 2018
- Nimble Elearning – staying agile July 17, 2018
- Keynote speakers to share real-world examples from the frontline of L&D July 17, 2018
- EssentialSkillz awarded a place on the G-Cloud 10 (G10) supplier list July 17, 2018
- UpsideLMS shares the what, the why and the how of mLearning at the workplace with an Infographic July 17, 2018
- Artificial intelligence in learning - Donald Clark at LTSF 2018 July 16, 2018
- L&D strategy: whose responsibility is learning anyway? July 18, 2018
- Professional development: the team is dead but we still need to engage employees July 17, 2018
- Employee engagement: why happiness at work matters and how to encourage it July 16, 2018
- Soft skills: Why playing it safe with non-verbal communication is a bad idea in business July 13, 2018
- Neuroscience and employee wellbeing: why lack of sleep is bad for business July 12, 2018