Listening to the latest episode of the From Scratch podcast, my friends Nigel Paine and Martin Couzins were discussing the new report from Maisie VRLearn report, focussing on current uses of Virtual Reality (VR) in learning. What struck me whilst listening to the examples Martin and Nigel shared were the opportunities of social mobility and opening of a global market…
Micro-learning is simply the transfer of knowledge in a short period of time (usually 3 – 5 minutes). But...
Three Principles for Great Meetings by Chair of The Learning & Performance Institute Donald H Taylor I bet...
Neuropsychologist Simon Baron-Cohen has devised a test called Reading the Mind in the Eyes in which you are shown...
Much was discussed during the UNESCO Mobile Learning Week in Paris. The image presented here was ironic, appearing as...
How many of us have been faced with situations of developing content that we are less familiar with? The...
12 ways in which Toyota create a great workplace. Recently Henry Stewart (Founder of Happy Ltd) got the chance to...
The thing that irks me most in L&D at the moment is the comparisons made between ‘eating’ and ‘learning’...
It’s 7:05, you left the house two minutes late, struggled with your keys in the door and have just...
- For the Professional Training Associate
- International Think Tank
- Learning Live
- Learning Technologies
- Live Online Learning Facilitators & Designers
- LPI in Australia / New Zealand
- Mobile Learning
- Modernising elearning
- Public Sector Learning
- Social Network And Learning
- Top tips for engaging learners at work
- Top Tools for Learning
If you have missed any of the LPI Webinars, you can catch up using the Archive
- Corporate obsolescence, emotional agility and never changing your mind March 27, 2017Training L&D news round up - 27th MarchJamie Lawrence
- Employability v business skills: enough talk. It’s time for action! March 23, 2017Culture Employability v business skills: time for actionJamie Lawrence
- Campaign learning: what is it and why does it tackle elearning challenges? March 15, 2017Talent Introducing campaign learning [PART 2]Jamie Lawrence
- Introducing campaign learning: what's wrong with our current approach? March 15, 2017Talent Campaign learning: an introduction [PART 1]Jamie Lawrence
- Building your organization’s adaptive capacity March 14, 2017Culture Building your organization’s adaptive capacityJamie Lawrence
- Bauhaus selects BLENDIT Learning and Fuse as their next-generation learning provider March 22, 2017BLENDIT LEARNING, the Nordic provider of Fuse Universal, announces that BAUHAUS Denmark, Norway and Iceland have selected Fuse as their next-generation provider for learning across 2,100 employees.
- What can L&D learn from behavioural science? March 22, 2017Owen Rose, Managing Partner at Acteon explores effective ways to achieve behaviour change by adopting the 'nudge' theory.
- Unconscious Bias and Higher Education: training staff creates open, inclusive, effective organisations March 22, 2017Unconscious gender and racial biases still pervade academia and unconscious bias remains a big challenge in the higher education sector.