Date(s) - 24/02/2019
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Who is Garry Ridge? The Aussie who made WD-40 a Happy Billion Dollar Business
In this webinar Rustica Lamb will summarise the presentation from Garry Ridge at Woohoo Inc in May 2018 and lead a discussion around this.
CEO Garry Ridge gives you a look ‘under the hood’ of one of the world’s most recognized brands WD-40, where 98% of employees say they “love to work”, and 99% say that their ‘opinions and values are a good fit’ for the company. This high engagement has resulted in a company that has doubled in revenue in the last decade, and is on a trajectory to double again in the next.
Garry shares his ‘learning moments’ from his journey to transform the company’s culture, beginning in 1997. Lessons and principles covered include:
* The personal journey of every servant leader, and why that philosophy is critical
* The emotional connection of a greater purpose that creates high engagement
* How to carefully and consciously choose values that will be embedded in all aspects of leadership and employee development
* Why investing in people who invest in themselves is a secret to succession planning and greater organizational capability
* The difference between a ‘team’ and a ‘tribe’, and why WD-40 Company strove to create a cohesive tribe that spans 15 countries where employees work
* How company performance results are directly connected to it’s focus on people
Further information and register here
NB: Sunday, 24 February 2019 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (NZDT)