Maintaining bureaucracy? “Leaders say they want transformation, engagement, innovation, creativity and agility … but their actions and the environments they create say otherwise: what they actually value are the status quo, sameness, safety, certainty, busyness and consensus.” Sonja Blignaut Max Weber (1864 – 1920) developed the theory of bureaucracy. He described an ideal bureaucracy as containing six central elements: 1. A…
Apprenticeships provide a means for individuals – especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds – to ascend the layers of society. They provide...
When I speak to L&D folk about digital learning, the reaction goes through a predictable cycle. Instantly people are...
Everyone knows that the brain controls all activities in the body including learning. The goal of learning is first...
With the recent announcement of the finalists of the 2018 Learning Awards, we start a new series of the L&D...
There are some simple things you can do on your network to make it more secure. This article provides 6 easy...
In the 4th of his series to the LPN business networking strategist Andy Lopata shares his tips for breaking...
Do we want people to make mistakes? The answer I generally get to this question is “Yes”, because people...
LPI Advisory Board member Sunder Ramachandran writes: A check-in conversation with a recently promoted team member provided an interesting...
LEARNING LIVE 2019 Highlights
LEARNING LIVE 2019 Resources
If you’d like to access the resources and slides from the 2019 LEARNING LIVE event please click here
active 7 hours, 34 minutes ago
active 1 day, 3 hours ago
active 1 day, 4 hours ago
active 1 day, 4 hours ago
active 1 day, 10 hours ago
- Standing out as a candidate in the 'new normal'
- Cyber Security Awareness: Your company is only as strong as your weakest employee!
- Managing Upwards by Building Trust
- From Bookcase to Cyberspace – Rebuilding for the virtual classroom
- How Learning Can Make a Real Difference in Your Business
- Integrating Critical Thinking and Technology
- 21st Century Performance Consulting
- Navigating Uncertainty: Leadership Accountability in a Time of Crisis & Adversity
- Learning Live 2020
- 09/09/2020 - 10/09/2020
- Learning Awards 2021 - Submissions Close
Standing out as a candidate in the 'new normal'
Tuesday 2nd June 2020
12 noon BST (UK Time)
Partner News Feeds
- Training your team on how to work remotely April 29, 2020
- Wake me up when it’s over! (Most training sessions are far too long) April 27, 2020
- Climate Emergency: Our role, blog 3 April 23, 2020